Who we are
Personal Data Held
- Our overriding principle is that we treat all personal data as confidential.
- We comply with all relevant legislation including the DPA & GDPR. Our Data Protection Officer isresponsible for implementing policies to ensure legal compliance and to ensure that we maintain the high standards of confidentiality, privacy and security necessary to maintain the trust of our customers and all others with whom we work.
- Material Concepts Ltd is registered with Companies house: Company number 07650139.
- The great majority of personal data we gather is required to fulfil our services. For customers and potential customers, we gather the data relevant to processing their orders and managing accounts such as name, address, email, phone numbers and website. This data is provided by our customers, suppliers and other affiliates related to providing the services.
- Reflecting the diverse nature of our customer base and the other contacts with whom we work, we hold ‘company contact’ and ‘private Individual’ information relating to the legal/billing entity with whom we trade. We also hold ‘person contact’ data relating to individuals within the organisation with whom we interact. (NB where we trade with a private individual, the company contact data may be the same as for the person contact.)
- We typically obtain data directly from our customers and contacts by phone, email or in person. We also obtain data from websites, enquiries, responses to marketing campaigns and publicly available sources. Third parties provide personal data such as where we are engaged by an agent on behalf of their client; in this case we check that consent has been provided by the subject to share the data.
- We do not hold data on children.
- Personal data and consent information is held primarily on our GDPR compliant systems and subject to our policies and safeguards. Material Concepts (MC) and our third-party system providers offer very high levels of system security. The providers are contractually required to manage all data in accordance with demanding confidentiality agreements.
Use of Personal Data
- We use personal data to provide our services effectively and efficiently. This includes sending quotes, orders, invoices & statements, usually by email and resolving any queries. We will contact the relevant person using the most appropriate means in the circumstances. We will take photographs off-site visits and installations to demonstrate fulfilment or show any issues identified. We use the data for processing payments and conducting credit checks where applicable.
- We do not provide personal data to any third parties except where necessary to fulfil orders. Any subcontractors with whom we may share personal data have contractual obligations to meet our safeguarding requirements. We may also share personal data with relevant authorities where required by law but only to the extent required.
- Personal data unrelated to the customer that is shared with us purely to fulfil orders, such as access contact information, is treated confidentially. We will not use this for any other purpose.
- Before sharing any personal data in the instances above, we will ensure that the other party is compliant with the regulations and our policies. Personal data is provided only where it is needed and on the basis that no consent is given to hold the data beyond the transaction in question or to use it for any other purpose.
- Where the required consent has been given, Material Concepts Ltd may use your data for basic sales or marketing. We do not share any personal data with any third parties for marketing except outsourced marketing on our behalf and subject to our controls.
Subject to any legal requirements, you have the following rights:
- To be informed whether we hold any personal information about you;
- To be informed of the personal information we hold;
- To correct your data or change your consent to what personal data is held or how it is used.
Amending and Updating Your Personal Data
- We are obliged to keep personal data accurate and current. We wish to do this in any event to ensure that any correspondence is effective and to help us provide our services efficiently.
- Please notify us of any change to your personal data or consent to either your ‘person contact’ information or any related ‘company contact’ data that you are authorised to amend.
- To amend any data or consent, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the change required. This enables us to confirm your identity.
- If you do not have access to email, please write to us at Customer Service Team,
- 168-170 Battersea park road, Battersea, London SW11 4ND or call us on 020 7622 6495. We will then contact you to verify your identity before making any change.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
If we have any questions regarding your status or requests, we will contact you to clarify them.